"Qigong" means breathing exercise has been developed to a sophisticated level and practice by the Chinese during the past 4000 years.
The chinese word "Qi" literally means breath, energy or air.
Today, there are many forms of Qigong available, Soaring Crane Qigong became one of the popular forms in China as well as in Europe, America and South East Asia with millions of people practicing.
It was developed and introduced to people all over the world in 1979 by Master Zhao Jin Xiang.
Master Zhao developed Soaring Crane Qigong as a means of creating the benefits of qigong available to many people in a form that is easy to learn and bring noticeable results in a short period of time.
The Spirit of China Soaring Crane Qigong
It is imitating the movements of the red headed crane (Her Xiang), their graceful movement with characteristics considered worthy of emulation predates and influences in the development of Soaring Crane Qigong.
The Five Routines
1. "Gathering Qi from the Six Directions" (North, South, East, West, Heavens & Earth) (Liu Fang He Her)
2. "Penetrating or becoming a channel between Heavens and Earth" (Zhu Di Ton Tian)
3. "Crane's head Carrying Qi through Governor Vessel (Du Mai) and Conception Vessel (Ren Mai) (He Shou Tong Guan)
4. "Crane touching water" (Xiang Her Dian Shui)
5. "Mingling with the source of all Qi" (Hun Yuan Gui Yi)
The purpose of practicing qigong is to become a channel between Heavens and Earth, to attain harmony among Heavens, oneself and Earth.
I have chosen to practice "Soaring Crane Qigong" because of its simplicity of form and practice. It is a system of gentle physical movement, mental visualizations (focus) and breathing exercise that open the meridian channels of the body, through which "Qi" flows.
Practicing Qigong balances all systems of the mind and body. Its provides the balance you need and can help you as follows.:-
1. Improves your blood circulation.
2. Lower (or raise, if needed) your blood pressure.
3. Learn to relax, reduce stress and sleep better.
4. Boost your immune system and the internal system of your body.
5. Lifts one's spirit to replace anxiety and depression.
6. Clear toxins out of your body.
7. Improve your digestive system through the increase of your saliva and digestive systems.
8. Boost your mental powers and develop your psychic powers.
9. Feel fresh and become healthier in mind and body.
10. Increase your flexibility and improve you ability to balance.
We practice twice a week ( Friday : 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm & Sunday : 7.30 am to 9.30 am at Pandan Gardens Children Playground, next to Block 401).
Celebrating our Multi Racial Mid Autumn Lantern Festival at Ayer Rajah Block 25.
For chinese version and more on our qigong, do visit us at : http://ayehua.blogspot.com/
or Kedah Qigong Group at : http://hxzqgkd.blogspot.com/